Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Education in Canada > Discuss education in Canada
User Name
Password

Old 11-01-2007, 12:20 PM

Question DBA in SQL Sever is OK for me.

Hi everyone,
I have been in Canada for last 4 years. I did diploma in Computer Science from back home. I dont have any canadain education. The job I am doing as "database support" creating and quries and managing database on MS Access. I am sick of doing this job beause they pay me very cheap. Every year I get 25cent increment and nothing. I m getting only 30K but I want to earn more than 50K. I live in Mississauga.

Kindly advise me. I am very good learner and pick up new software very quickly. I am planning to do "Database administration for SQL Sever 2005. Kindly adivse me it will suit me what is the job market. Where is the best institute or collage or schoold who conduct this. What is the future of SQL sever. Kindly help me out. I have been thinking for last four years but now I want to do. One of my friend did SAP last year but still coundnt get a job.

Last edited by adnancanada; 11-01-2007 at 01:27 PM..
Old 03-03-2008, 11:08 AM

Maybe you can get Microsoft certification. This will increase your chances of getting a better job...
Old 12-04-2009, 05:04 AM

Send a message via ICQ to D.abrab
Default DBA in SQL Sever is OK for me

I dont know how to do most of the moderating stuff. But if there is need for it, if someone shows me how, Ill help out.