Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Self Employment in Canada
User Name
Password

Old 12-05-2006, 02:06 PM

I'm going to start sounding like a broken record on this forum pretty soon, what about liability? You might not mind getting bit by a venomous snake, but what about the people passing by? What if little 3-year old "Johnny" decides to give the snake a pet on top of his head and ends up with half his arm in the snake's death grip? Next thing you know your love for snakes has you in a liability case.

And don't forget the "tree huggers" that might take offence to you parading a wild snake around public, "How cruel". We all read the complaints about the zoo and circus; don't think you'll fly under the radar. You may get some activists raining on your parade.

If there aren't any snake charmers in Canada I would venture to say there is probably a reason why. Not enough business, too much red tape (permits and liability), "Tree huggers" protesting, etc. I'm not trying to deter you from your idea, but there are lots of things to consider.

P.S.
No offence to the "Tree Huggers"; I like trees too!
www.rstechnologies.ca
Old 12-05-2006, 04:21 PM

Yeah I might just go back and get my high school degree. Im 20 but if I can do about 2 or 3 classes a day I'll have it in no time.

Plus I can think about doing this snake charming thing in my spare time at the same time as going to school.

Yeah Id better look into the laws concerning importing snakes and doing tricks in the metro stations. I think alot of the musicians in the metro stations dont even have licenses but bringing a king cobra down there will definately draw unwanted attention to myself.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:41 AM

yah, unfortunately there isn't too much respect for snake charmers.. at least where I'm from .. in that you'd probably only be successful during like fringe festivals and events like that.. and even though how much can you really make?
Old 12-07-2006, 09:07 AM

I am pretty sure you won't be allowed to play with cobras in public. And besides aren't cobras endangered species?
Old 12-07-2006, 09:23 PM

yah, it'd probably have to be a "generic' snake and I don't know the appeal of snake charming anymore? u'd have better luck starring in a adult fil with the same title lol!