Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Job Interview, Resume and Cover Letter writing, Job resources
User Name
Password

Old 10-06-2006, 09:39 AM

Lightbulb Resume' Automation

HI! all Just thought I would add the topic of resume' automation . I have done this through Hot jobs , Monster , Workopolis , HRDC etc . It alows me to change up the resume to a different style once and a while to give the broadist viewing I have a long and short resume' and depending ont the place I am applying to I have the option of using either as well as editting my cover letter to suit each emplyer . Some of these sites supply a counter displaying the viewing history of your resume' .
Old 10-16-2006, 08:54 AM

Thanks for the tip!
Did anybody ever call you? I am in a process of posting my resume online but with the recruiters not returning phone calls I'm getting quite upset. Does this really work?
Old 10-16-2006, 09:15 AM

Thumbs up Marinda 34

Nobody has called yet Marinda but I have had some interesting back and forth emails . one from Farmont hotels at Lake Louise and one from a head hunting firm My problem is that I am getting close to retirement making it more difficult for me unfortunitly but at least you see the counter moving so sombody is interested some where . A heads up thought abought automation up load your resume' in word because more companies and employers use this form also have a long and a short resume online so its at the ready. Good to hear from someone good luck on your search.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:51 PM

Thanks for the encouragement! I guess I don't have any other choice do I

Good luck to you too.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:45 AM

Smile Mirinda

Funny isn't it your still in the early stages of your career and experiencing much the same as myself nearing the end of mine . The transitions I am trying to do you would think a no brainer for someone ( employer ) . I have a Five page resume' and my resume' consultant shortened it down to 2 pages . In one interview I got the feeling Iwould be using the medical plan too much . I am a diabetic so it a gotta have but its not too expensive fear of the unknown I guess for them . You also get you are just too over qualified for us . Would you start at minimum wage . No fun eh!You'll get something Honest