Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Job Interview, Resume and Cover Letter writing, Job resources
User Name
Password

Old 08-23-2004, 10:47 AM

Default tough question

Hi, I was lucky to get a job interview. It all went well except they surprised me with one question. “What are you doing when your boss is away?”
I couldn’t answer the question confidently and I’ll ask for any suggestions.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:49 AM

One is for sure; you can’t let yourself be surprised. You have to act cool. My suggestion is to tell them that while your boss is away you do proactive projects. Give some example that is revealing a past behaviour like putting some old files in order… or doing something that you didn’t have time to do while he was at the office because you were very busy, That sort of thing.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:50 AM

I have one more interview question that I don’t know how to answer.
What are your weaknesses?
I really have no idea what my answer should be….
Old 08-23-2004, 10:51 AM

Well it could be considered a weakness to be impatient or anxious. It depends of the position you are applying. You could be anxious when you anticipate a client response for something you’ve done for example.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:52 AM

Thanks for helping me with this! Appreciate it!