Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Immigration to Canada > Immigration to Canada - Questions & Resources
User Name
Password

Old 03-01-2006, 04:49 PM

Default Starting at the bottom

Alot of people do not want to start at the bottom of the company in their first job.

Just a tip for you all - starting at the bottom is not so bad.
Most people start at the lowest company position, and within 1-2 years have moved into a new role.

Within 5 years you could double your income and beyond that, can move into senior roles.

So stick with it and dont give up!
Old 03-01-2006, 08:27 PM
Administrator

I've never worked on a permanent position, but yes there are opportunities if you stay with a good company long enough.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:38 PM

I completely agree. You can't expect to start as a manager with no experience. I came to Canada 5 years ago and I wanted to be a swimming instructor and a teacher. Well I started as a volunteer first and now I am swimming instructor. It took a lot of time and hard work, I needed a few more licenses and TOEFL but all paid off.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:31 PM

So many people go wrong thinking they can get the highest paying job to start with.
People often give up before giving themself a chance to grow with a company.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:15 PM

If you can get there without hard work, you can get thrown back to the dogs just as easily. If you take time to work your way up you get contacts in the business and get to know people, even if you do lose your job you've got a good foothold to do some networking... Hard work pays off!