Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Education in Canada > Discuss education in Canada
User Name
Password
Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 04:03 PM

Default Do I need further education?

Hi,

I attend ESL and before 2 months I went with my class to visit George Brown College. We met 2 professors there who told us about their programs and assured us that we will be able to find a job before we finish the college, because they have programs to meet you with future employers and the employers are looking for students with good grades. I need to know is this true, is that the way to find a job in a prosperous company and most of all does it worth it to take a loan and spend the next 2 years studying? Do you think this will increase my chances to find a job?
Old 08-02-2004, 04:18 PM

Well I have a friend who attended college but not the full 2 year course, just a few weekends for 2 months, I believe. He got a license after the course and he found a job as an electrician. I don’t know what is your specialty but it may help you to finish a course or something. He didn’t find his job through the college but the certification helped him, so… you know if you struggle with the job search maybe it will help you J
And I’ve heard that a lot of students work during their last semester for a company in the field they are in, like a coop-student, so it will be a benefit for you, you’ll get to know some people, or they might like you there, you never know.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:01 PM

Yes studying always increases job chances.
There are not many circumstances where I would not recommend studying.

Even if you do it part time, it would be fantastic to have that on your resume
Old 03-09-2006, 12:50 PM

What are you interested in studying? I would encourage you to think long and hard about what your aptitudes are and try to study something related to them. It is discouraging shelling out a lot of money on school and finding out that you do not enjoy it. Good Luck!
Old 03-12-2006, 11:31 PM

Most courses do not cost alot, not at a college or a short course.
You don't know if you try, so don't let money stop you.

Learning is the fruit of life - you won't regret it.
Closed Thread