Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Job Interview, Resume and Cover Letter writing, Job resources
User Name
Password

Old 06-05-2006, 02:36 PM

Default After interview

I recently interview for a job and I sent a thank you letter afterwards. The next day, the interviewer called me and told me that she is still interview other applicants and that she will let me know when she came to a conclusion. When I went to a job agency website, I saw that she posted the same hiring ad on that website right after she called me. Does anyone know what this means???
Old 06-05-2006, 04:20 PM

Don't speculate too much. Sometimes, employers buy ad time for so many days, so it might just be that.

If she didn't like you, she would not even have bothered calling you back.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:51 PM

I agree with Luke, that there is no way for you to know. She might have another identical or close position to the one you went on interview for. She might one to interview a few more candidates before making final decision. Or as Luke said, this might be an old ad.

I think you have a great chance of getting this job, because she called you back. Employers do not call potential employees for no reason.

Good luck and let us know what happened.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:06 AM

Default More information

I recently interview for one of my top dream job and after the interview she asked me if I wanted to do an observation at the job site. I told her that I did and I called the site supervisor to arrange an observation. After the observation, I sent a thank you letter to the interviewer (via email). The interviewer called me the next day and told me that she is still interview other applicants and that she will let me know when she came to a conclusion. When I went to monster.com, I saw that she posted the same hiring ad ( on that website right after she called me). Does anyone know what this means??? I emailed her saying that i'm still interested in the position and I asked her for a timeline. Is the call she made to me a good sign? Was I too persistant in contacting her???
Old 06-12-2006, 08:57 AM

As Luke333 already said sometimes they by more ad time than they need. This doesn't mean that they didn't like you.
I wouldn't be alarmed. You can call her in a week to follow up.