Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Job Agencies in Canada
User Name
Password

Old 03-25-2009, 04:27 PM

Default British visitor in Winnipeg,trying to find work

Im a brit on holiday in Winnipeg,looking to get a job offer so I can apply for a work permit.I've had interviews and even been offered jobs but the minute i tell them that they have to apply for an LMO (labour market opinion) form so that i can get a work permit issued,they always run scared and dont want anything to do with me like Im a criminal.Its frustrating because this is the only way to do it,but nodody wants go thru with it,and most refuse to even look into it.Has anyone got any advise on where to go,or know of any companies that are actually looking to hire foreigners and go thru the process?I will take almost any job to be able to work in Canada.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:13 AM

I don't know of any recruiting or other company that want to hire foreigners at the moment, but I do know that the LMO process is tedious and most employers try to stay away from it....
Old 05-04-2009, 10:38 AM

Time consuming that is why they run scared... any luck?
Old 09-14-2009, 03:57 PM

Default Hi

Don't bother with it just get a temporary work permit.

I am from Gloucester and I have been here for 2 years.

Don't fall for any offers that ask you for money, don't think that Job agencies are like back home and don't trust any one offering a jobe with out a SIN.

Canadian job agencies are email only and without any understanding of the recruitment field.

They just waste time and look for the exact match from client description.

The worst you will hear is do you have any Canadian experience.

Funny that they should say this.

But good luck mate.