Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > General Chat > General Chat
User Name
Password
View Poll Results: Will Canadian real estate market crash?
I expect severe crash (prices down 20%-50%) 4 22.22%
I expect mild crash (prices down 10%-20%) 5 27.78%
I expect soft landing (whatever that is) 4 22.22%
I expect flat real estate market 1 5.56%
I don’t expect crash at all 4 22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2006, 12:41 PM

Default Will Canadian real estate market crash?

I think that the Canadian real estate market is headed for a severe crash, which will bring the average home price in Canada down 30-50%. What do you think? Please share your opinion here and don't forget to vote.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:49 PM
Administrator

I do expect some problems with the real estate market in Canada, but I don't think prices will be 20-50% down. I see it more like 10-15% down from where we are right now. Don't forget that Alberta's real estate market is very hot.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:20 PM

I don't expect the market to crash, not in Toronto. In some provinces maybe, but not here. The demand is huge here. Look how many new immigrants are coming every year.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:03 AM

Interesting discussion you have here. For 6 years now I have friends saying that the market will crash... But look, it's not crashing.
Everybody is an expert these days, some people even predict the crash of the crashes but life goes on you know….
Old 10-30-2006, 09:21 AM

I really think it will crash hard. These price levels are simply unsustainable. Families with $50K yearly income before taxes buy houses for $350K with 5% down. You have to be really out of touch with reality to believe this will last.