Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Finding a Job in Canada
User Name
Password

Old 07-09-2009, 11:14 PM

Default Quick Eligibility Question in Regards to Temp / Permanent Residence

Hello All,

My fiance is a Canadian citizen and I'm currently seeking employment in Ontario. My past experience has been in Information Technology for Comcast Corporation in the US working with VoIP and Internet products and I'm a recent college graduate receiving my bachelor's degree in business in 2007 from an accredited US university.

I have a question that I hope someone here knows the answer to. I know that to become a permanent resident/skilled worker you have to have a job offer from an employer who is hiring you for one of the list of "38" occupations. That is my eventual goal but right now I'd like to come on a temporary work permit.

My question is if I come to Canada on a temporary work permit does the job offer still need to be an occupation on the list of 38 or is it still possible to get a favourable LMO on other jobs? Coming from a telecom/IT/business background that is the type of job I'd like to obtain in Canada, and I don't see much to do with that on the list of 38.

However, it looks like I may be eligible under Opportunities Ontario. Skill Level B 228 Technical Occupations in Computer and Information Systems based on the work I've been doing the past 30 months is in IT. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much

Last edited by jflyer1; 07-11-2009 at 12:44 AM..