Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Self Employment in Canada
User Name
Password

Old 05-20-2009, 01:44 AM

Default Start a business or work for a company?

I’d like to get some views here. For new immigrants with families, which do you think is better – start a new and small business or get a job in a company? And what type of business is ideal right now? Hope to hear from you.

Last edited by marf1273; 08-17-2009 at 08:22 AM..
Old 05-21-2009, 01:25 AM

hello........
i think to start own business is the better way to do work........

You need three things to create a successful start up: to start with good people, to make something customers actually want, and to spend as little money as possible. Most start up that fail do it because they fail at one of these. A start up that does all three will probably succeed.

And that's kind of exciting, when you think about it, because all three are doable. Hard, but doable. And since a start up that succeeds ordinarily makes its founders rich, that implies getting rich is doable too. Hard, but doable.

If there is one message I'd like to get across about startups, that's it. There is no magically difficult step that requires brilliance to solve.

The Idea

In particular, you don't need a brilliant idea to start a start up around. The way a start up makes money is to offer people better technology than they have now. But what people have now is often so bad that it doesn't take brilliance to do better.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:57 AM

That’s a great idea you have, thanks for the information. I sure will consider your tips in starting out a new business. I believe anybody who is dedicated to succeed in any business venture will reap the rewards in due time. I appreciate your thoughts.

Last edited by marf1273; 07-22-2009 at 04:14 AM..
Old 05-30-2009, 06:05 AM

IMO it depends on how you want to live. If you want to integrate into the new culture join a company. Its probably harder with a small business. My parents were immigrants who integrated well and I think they benefited from it. Anecdotal evidence, but still.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM

I want to start a new business, would like to trade into cell phones, can any one help me out about the procedure/ expenses involved in starting this business.