Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Immigration to Canada > Immigration to Canada - Questions & Resources
User Name
Password

Old 04-27-2006, 08:48 AM

Send a message via MSN to josephtekeng Send a message via Yahoo to josephtekeng Send a message via Skype™ to josephtekeng
Default police certificates

Hello to all,
i lived in 4 countries for the last 10 years(Cameroon,Russia,Ghana and Cote D'Ivoire) and i was in Ukraine 13 years ago.I submited the police certificates for the first 4 countries,but couldn't do the same for ukraine.When i received a letter for medical examinations,there was an additional letter asking for the police certificate from ukraine.unfortunately i left that country 13 years ago and they have no Embassies in West Africa today.
Do you think it will stop me from receiving a visa to Canada? What is the best issue here? Please advise!
Old 04-27-2006, 09:45 AM

You can call the Canadian Embassy where you submitted your application for immigration and tell them about your problem with the police certificate from Ukraine. They are the only ones that can advise you what to do in this situation.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:20 AM

If you have friends or relatives in Ukraine you can ask them to get such a certificate for you but I would call the embassy first! As lookingforjob pointed out, they know better
Old 04-27-2006, 10:41 AM

Send a message via MSN to josephtekeng Send a message via Yahoo to josephtekeng Send a message via Skype™ to josephtekeng

Thank you very much for your speedy reply.
I called the Embassy last month after receiving the Medical examinations with that letter.I spoke with one of them and they asked me to write a letter and explain everything in details.That is what i did and i sent it with the visa fees that they also required.Do you think CIC will accept it?
Please advise.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:54 PM
Administrator

If they asked you to explain the problem in a letter you should be good. The worst that can happen is that they ask for more documents obtained directly from Ukraine, but I doubt it. Keep us posted how it goes.