Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Job Interview, Resume and Cover Letter writing, Job resources
User Name
Password

Old 08-13-2008, 08:57 PM

Cool Weirdest interview ever...

I had a very weird interview today...They asked me only 3 simple questions:
1.How did you find out about us?
2What is your salary expectation range?
3.How did you deal with some upset customers at your previous job?

After that, the interviewer asked me if i had any questions for her? I was stunned thinking..."That's it?Only 3 questions?" I was even more stunned after i asked her about what was the position i was applying for,because i got this interview by doing a cold call...well,a cold email to be exact. lol Anyways,after i asked her about the position,she answered that she DIDN'T KNOW and that she has just returned from vacation and that she didnt know what was going on, and that she had to talk to the department first. I was shocked! It's like i came all prepared and they were like...TOTALLY NOT!lol

After that, i asked her some more questions,which she answered in details,nicely. I felt like i was the interviewer. It was something i never experienced before. Then,they gave me some computerized problem-solving/logical thinking skills test. I had to answer 50 q.in 12 min.I did 40.

Anyways,what do you think...will i be called for a second interview or they just had no interest in me afterall? Then why call for the interview if they dont even know for what position they need a person???? It felt like a joke.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:29 PM

Default Interviewers need to learn how to interview

I think interviewers need to learn how to interview.
I have had bad interviewers.
There are all kinds of seminars for the unemployed person to learn how to answer questions and be a good interviewee, but none for human resource people to interview.
Remember: Those who can't do anythingm become human resouce jokes.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:30 PM

I agree that some interviewers need to learn how to interview. Once I had an interviewer who slouched way down in her chair and kept looking all around the room and rarely at me. She looked like she was going to fall asleep at one point. I felt that she didn't hear about 75% of what I said. It really threw me off. Needless to say I didn't get the job, and I didn't really want it either.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:30 AM

You should be able to make every possible effort to prove yourself worthiest for the job. Your every effort should have a positive approach and you should be able to throw light on your positives, your talents and your work experiences. Spaced out from this, you should be able to drive the attention of the interviewer from your negatives such as time-lag in your academics and career, or long-drawn-out hunt to obtain a job could have a negative effect on the job interview. Prepare yourself best for the job interview and get your desired job.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:01 PM

Send a message via ICQ to DureNeurb
Default Weirdest interview ever

Hi all, I am going to an interview for a job as a line mech, please could anyone shed some light in to the sort of questions I might be asked/ what I might need to brush up on?
Thanks.