Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Finding a Job in Canada
User Name
Password

Old 09-01-2009, 08:56 PM

Question Non-Computer related jobs or careers?

Does anybody have advice for how to find a non-computer related job or career in Canada? Or at least one where we use the computer as little as possible? Please help me out!

I have acute carpal tunnel syndrome and repetitive stress injury. I've had to abandon my old career path and am currently working in a non-professional capacity, but it's not an option for the long-term... so I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same experience, and if so, any advice? It kills just to type this post, so please reply with ANY ideas you have!!! =)

Anything - a professional or non-professional career, labour jobs, hospitality, even if additional schooling is required, whatever it is, I just need ideas for non-computer jobs, I'm having such a hard time finding anything!

I have a 4-year BSc degree, a certificate in photography, am bilingual, and have experience in the fields of education, international relations, human resource management, hospitality, and oil and gas industries. My interests are varied from cooking to books to outdoors to travel etc....

Any ideas?

(Many thanks in advance!)
Old 09-02-2009, 12:32 PM

Sorry to hear about your problem. These days is tough to find a job with little use of computers... Do you consider a job in retail, or restaurants - you can work as a chef for example if you have interest in cooking? or work as a travel guide...
Old 09-21-2009, 05:20 AM
Banned

You can apply being a chef, waiter, salesman. This days computer knowledge seems to be a big value if you are applying for a job

Tags
career change, carpal tunnel syndrome, non-computer, rsi