Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Self Employment in Canada
User Name
Password

Old 02-18-2010, 07:25 PM

Default New to group and need money making ideas!!!!

Hello there. I am a mother of three that has been searching for the right 'work from home' opportunity for years. I get so stressed out by all the spam and the scams.
Does anyone out there know of a REAL income opportunity that can be based out of my own home? I really would appreciate any feedback I can get.
Thanks so much.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:54 AM

Hi Tarrie! It depends on where your based and what kind of jobs you like to do. Some people I know sell their things on eBay and one has gone forward with that and went into dropshipping. Others do transcription work (check out Focus Forward and Quicktate). It's not a lot of money, but it'll help pay the billls. Good luck!
Old 03-04-2010, 12:07 PM

Some people do paid surveys and participate in secret shopper programs. I don't know how well the paid surveys actually pay but I know you can get some extra cash. Just keep in mind never to send any money to sign up for a paid survey - if they want that, it most likely is a scam!
Old 03-09-2010, 03:11 PM

Cool Are you interested in doing in home Jewelry parties?

I just recently signed up to be a consultant of a wonderful jewelry party company. I was so frustrated with the prices of the other companies. Every time someone at my work would have a party, the cheapest thing in the catalog would be an $80 necklace! So, my daughter and I decided to do Just Jewelry. It is brand new, only a couple of years old and gets a new catalog 2 times a year. And the best part is that the jewelry is affordably priced between $12 and $38 (US)! The other great thing is that I make 50% profit! Let me know if you would like to get more information. We just recently started signing up Canadian consultant. I would love to answer any questions that you might have. I hope you find something that you will like.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:22 AM

Are you a good writer? You can try to write articles and blog posts for money. Try http://www.textbroker.com/
People make decent money there.