Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Self Employment in Canada
User Name
Password

Old 03-09-2010, 10:35 AM

Default online business

Hello everyone,

I am going to open website which might give a profit in the future. Should I register it somehow and somewhere? Or should I do it when I have a profit? Is it considered as small business or what?

Thank you for any reply.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleglifng View Post
Hello everyone,

I am going to open website which might give a profit in the future. Should I register it somehow and somewhere? Or should I do it when I have a profit? Is it considered as small business or what?

Thank you for any reply.
Once you open your WEB site you will need to register it anywhere you can get your hands on. Search engines, directories etc.

You will also need to do a lot of adwords (google advertising) or get millions of backlinks.
Good luck.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleglifng View Post
Hello everyone,

Thank you for any reply.
First of all are you in Canada?
Second - you have to register a sole proprietorship if you don't want to file your profits from your business under the personal tax return. Did you talk to an accountant?
Old 07-02-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
You will also need to do a lot of adwords (google advertising)
This will cost a lot of money if you don't full understand adwords. Please be advise.

Quote:
Second - you have to register a sole proprietorship if you don't want to file your profits from your business under the personal tax return.
This will depend on you, cause sometimes a website will take a few months and it will picks up like viral other times it will take years before you can see any sort of income. You will need to check how much it cost to register your business with the government and see if it is worth it or just wait. But if you decide to wait and something was to go wrong and someone sues you then you are in big trouble.

hope this helps