Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Canadian Labour Legislation
User Name
Password

Old 12-16-2008, 06:42 PM

Default Please help. I just want my ROE

After quitting my previous job 2 months ago I have been fighting to obtain my Record of Employment and final paystub (my final pay however was received). I have made it very clear to my past employer that it is important that I receive it in a timely fashion as my wife is on disability, therefore my pay is subsidized and I need to provide these documents to them. I made two separate arrangements with my past employer to pick them up, and both times he failed to deliver them as promised. We then made arrangements for him to mail them, since I could not take an extended lunch during at my new join a THIRD time. They claimed they mailed them but they were sent to the incorrect address and returned. To make a long story short two months later, I am still attempting to have the documents sent to me. My old employer insists on acting like a child and is intentionally making excuses and delaying. Another previous employee is having a similar issue and he left the company even before I did. It is becoming very clear that this is some sort of retaliation for leaving the company. I contacted the Ministry of Labour and they informed me that they do not offer assistance in retrieving records of employment. Frustrated I e-mailed the owner of the franchise, who informed my the retrieving the documents is my responsibility. I disagree, it is THEIR responsibility to provide these documents, I should not have to run around attempting to retrieve them. I do not believe they were ever mailed, all of my previous paystubs have my correct address; so how could the print the wrong street this time? I am soooo frustrated, I don't know what I am supposed to do. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:25 PM
Administrator

If I were you I would go directly to the office and will insist on my ROE to be given to me in person. I would stay as long as I have to get it. I think if you show up and insist on getting it, they will have no other choice.

Your story sounds ridiculous. Are you sure they have paid EI and CPP and all applicable taxes. If they didn't maybe this is the real reason they don't want to give you the ROE....
Old 07-26-2010, 04:11 PM

I assume your in Canada.First off tell your past employer nothing about your personal life they dont care.
Heres how to get your documents.
I have tried several times to obtain my Record of Employment (ROE) from my employer without success. What can I do?
If you are having difficulty obtaining your ROE(s) from your employer(s), we can help. Go to your Service Canada Centre or contact us at 1 800 206-7218. One of our agents will advise you how the ROE can be obtained or what is needed to calculate your claim.