Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Job Agencies in Canada
User Name
Password

Old 12-12-2007, 02:11 PM

Thumbs down I wouldn't recommand you Brainhunter Inc to all IT consultants

If you are looking for a staffing agency that respects consultants rights, I wouldn't recommand you Brainhunter Inc( ). Brainhunter is violating consultants rights.

Welcome to Brainhunter, where smart minds meet.
Please, read bellow, the small part of my worse experience with Brainhunter.

A month ago, I worked on 2 months contract through Brainhunter. I started working, then they sent to me the contract to sign.

When I read the contract I realized that I have to give them a month notice (imagine for 2 months contract), in the other hand they can terminate my contract at any time without even 24h notice, and many other things in the contract where they over protect themselves but there is zerro protection for me.

I believe that Brainhunter is using unfair labour practices and I didn't agree to sign the contract.

Guess what? They hold my pay cheque for a 1 month and 2 weeks to force me to sign.

When I went to their office to pick up my pay cheque, the finance manager welcomed me with a contract on the left hand and pay cheque on her right hand saying “sign the contract and I’ll release your pay cheque”. Because I didn’t have any more money in my pocket and they didn’t want to hear nothing from me, then I signed their contract without agreeing with it. They know, I was in vulnerable position.

I’m really afraid that they keep using the same technique with other consultants.

After that, I spent over a month trying to cancel that agreement with them. I talked and send emails to Brainhunter Vise President, Account manager, finance VP and even the Brainhunter Chairman.

The more I was dealing with them the more I experienced the violation of my rights. When I said to them that I would like to cancel the contract you forced me to sign, they said”You are just consultant……ok, you want to terminate it, pay use the fees then we will terminate the contract”.

I repeated to them more than 5 times, that I’m not talking about a termination of the contract but it is a cancellation of the contract because they forced me to sign it. But they were keeping saying to me "You are just consultant….ok, pay us the fees and we will terminate the contract". At the end of my meeting with them, the VP said to me "before you leave, give me your badge".

I signed a form at the client office and I got the badge from the client not from Brainhunter. When I repeated to a lawyer that the VP asked me to give her my badge, the lawyer said: "she is not supposed to ask you for your badge, it is illegal. If you gave her your badge, after that something happened in the Government building you will be the only one who is responsible”.

More and more violation of my rights, each time I tried to solve that issue with them. At the end, I gave up and I finished my contract with them and I didn't accept the extention of that contract.

I was very very happy with the client, all of my co-workers were nice to each others and I had a wonderful manager. But you know, it is not funny to work for an agency as Brainhunter, which has no respect for consultants.

This is only a small part of my bad experience with Brainhunter, I don’t believe that the whole story will fit in the forum space.

Guys, I'm not saying that all staffing agencies are bad. There are good ones like Calian... But because we consultants don't know all our rights and we don't work or not well organizing our selves to protect our rights, then the staffing agencies as Brainhunter are taking these opportunities to violate our rights.

Again, think before dealing with Brainhunter that has no respect for contractors.

Hope it helps, Merry Christmas and Happy new year to all of you.

Last edited by ibarif1; 12-22-2007 at 10:06 PM.. Reason: Corrections
Old 12-13-2007, 05:42 PM

Thanks for that posting ibarif,

I hope that this is not a trend and happened only in their Ottawa office...
Maybe it was just the finance manager.
I can see that you experience with lots of recruiting agencies. People should know their rights!
Old 12-14-2007, 03:24 PM

Smile Oh, I believe it is a trend.

I contacted Brainhunter vice president , the finance VP and even their chairman in Toronto. They did waste lots of my time and energy and they mistreated me.

It is a long story and I'll have a time to post it after Holidays.

I wish to all of you Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Regards

Last edited by ibarif1; 12-21-2007 at 08:10 PM.. Reason: Corrections