Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Job Interview, Resume and Cover Letter writing, Job resources
User Name
Password

Old 02-10-2010, 10:42 PM

Default Interview Questions for Nightclub Position Did I answer Correct

I had an interview for a position at another pool party this summer. I was applying for Bar Back. These are the answers I gave. If you are a Bar Manager please grade me, Thanks

1. Describe a situation where you saw an employee doing something dishonest and how you handled it?
I told a story about one of the cabana attendants talking to a girl for like 10 minutes while he was supposed to be doing his job. I told the lead cabana attendant not the manager.so that if nececarry it would go up the chain of command and not bother the manager.

2, How would you describe yourself in 3 words mor less? Or name 3 wualities about yourself.

Energetic, Hard Working, Dedicated

3. Describe a time you had a difficult customer and how you handled it.
I had a high roller who wanted a digital camera and we didn’t have one anywhere in the hotel so I asked my manager and he said have your neighboring cabana attendant watch your section and run across the street to CVS Pharmazy and buy one.

4. Describe a situation where you suggested something to help the company or performance of the event.

At the pool party I worked at they kept an ice truck out back which was more than 100 yards away from some of the farthest wells (and up stairs) This ment some of the wells were running out of ice- unacceptable. I said I suggested a lift machine that can be rented behind the property that would lift ice right up 20 ft to the service wells instead of having to having 2 guys leave their position and carry 200 lbs of ice all around the different wells.