Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Job Interview, Resume and Cover Letter writing, Job resources
User Name
Password

Old 04-29-2006, 08:52 PM

Default Advice on Resume

I’ve never worked for big companies and my resume is not impressive. I have experience and University degree but I can’t find a job easy and not in a big company. I don’t know how to escape from this vicious circle. Any advice will be appreciated.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:44 AM

Hi ramaly,

Are you concerned that your resume is not written well enough?
Why do you want to work for a big company? Most of the people don't work for big companies and they have good salaries too.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:57 PM

Are you looking for a permanent or a contract position? If you are looking for a contract then most of the good contract jobs are through recruiters...
Old 04-30-2006, 10:18 PM
workaholic

It really isn't enough to just submit your resume and wait. Big companies receive thousands of applications and it is all too easy for yours to get lost in the shuffle. First make sure your resume is in tip top form. Maybe have it rewritten by a resume writer. Then maybe try to talk to the hiring person directly and try to schedule an interview.

There is nothing wrong with starting at a smaller company and then working your way up to the big boys. While you are working with a smaller company try to network with people who work at the company(ies) you want to work for.

Last edited by workaholic; 05-04-2006 at 04:19 PM..
Old 05-01-2006, 08:34 AM

Try to work as a volunteer in a company of your choice. This might help. It’s a good way to get the experience for your resume.