Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Job Agencies in Canada
User Name
Password

Old 07-14-2006, 08:58 AM

Default Working effectively with Recruiting Agencies

Employment agencies are very important part of the working world. When you call an employment agency one of the first questions you have to answer is what kind of job you are looking for, and what skills do you have? Do your homework before that and be prepared to answer these questions. If the phone screening goes well, and they have position available, you’ll be invited to the agency to meet with a recruiter. This meeting involves in depth interview and sometimes skills testing. The interview at the agency is a rehearsal for the interview with your potential employer, so there are some important things you have to be prepared for:
1. Dress professionally.
2. Be prepared to answer all sort of questions especially – work experience and education related. Keep in mind that often they are checking you references!
If the agency decides to send you on an interview take advantage of it by asking:
1. Am I dressed properly for an interview with this company?
2. Can you give me any tips about the company?
3. How I present myself?
4. Do you have any suggestions?
Follow-up with the agency/recruiter after the interview to let them know how it went. This is very important! If you liked the company and the interview went well the recruiter Must know that!
For more tips follow the link below:
http://www.jobagencies.ca/index.asp?p=4&sp=3

Last edited by Tsveta; 01-24-2007 at 11:38 AM..
Old 07-20-2006, 08:36 AM

Thanks for the article Tsveta!
One more question, do I discuss money with the agency or the employer?
Old 07-21-2006, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aladin42
Thanks for the article Tsveta!
One more question, do I discuss money with the agency or the employer?

You can discuss it with both. If it is a contract position most likely you discuss it with the recruiter. For the full time positions you discuss it with both.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:04 PM

Thank you for the tips.
I was thinking, is it acceptable to wear a short sleeved shirt for the interview? I guess it is hot in Canada during the summer months.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ching
Thank you for the tips.
I was thinking, is it acceptable to wear a short sleeved shirt for the interview? I guess it is hot in Canada during the summer months.

It depends on the company you are interviewed for. The best way will be to ask your recruiter what is the acceptable dress code.