Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Job Agencies in Canada
User Name
Password
View Poll Results: Do the recruiters call you back?
Never. 3 60.00%
Occasionally. 2 40.00%
Yes. 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2007, 10:43 AM

Default Do the recruiters call you back?

I am posting this thread because I am really annoyed with employment agents who don't return phone calls especially when they initiated the contact. What is your experience and please fell free to share your thoughts on the subject.

Thanks
Old 02-06-2007, 10:13 AM

Yes they are annoying I agree but they are working on commission and I guess this is why they don't "waste" their time when they are no more interested in you...
Old 02-08-2007, 09:51 AM

I don't have much experience with recruiters but from what I've heard is they don't have the courtesy to call back just to let you know that they got your message. It is sad the way they do business, so impolite. Canadians used to be the most polite nation in the world...Not any more I think.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lana View Post
Canadians used to be the most polite nation in the world...Not any more I think.

My impression is they call you back only and only if they know they can make money from you. They will never call you just to follow up or to tell you they are not interested at the moment. Ignoring you means they are not interested.
So much for good manners.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepop View Post
My impression is they call you back only and only if they know they can make money from you. They will never call you just to follow up or to tell you they are not interested at the moment. Ignoring you means they are not interested.
So much for good manners.

Well ask yourself this; if you were a recruiter would you return every single phone call or email? Do you think you will have time for this?