Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > General Chat > General Chat
User Name
Password

Old 11-06-2006, 04:26 PM

Default Is it true Canadians leave their doors unlocked??

Hey,
I just wanted to know if Micheal Moore was for real in bowling for columbine when he said that Canadians leave their doors unlocked.. that sounds crazy, i wish more countries where like that.. congrats to Canadians for living in such a laid back society..might move there..

Nick
Old 11-06-2006, 05:08 PM

Its like anything else...depends on the individual. I live in a Canadian city with a population of about 43000 people and I always lock my doors. We are in a nice family-oriented neighborhood but we've had patio furniture stolen from our backyard on a few occasions. Makes you wonder what is next!

When I ventured out into my own business I set my office up in my house. With all the new computer equipment and various hardware the next thing I did was have a monitored security system installed. That being said, my parents live a 5 minute drive away and they only lock their doors at bedtime. My inlaws are out in the rural area (about 20 min drive) and they often leave the house unattended with the doors unlocked.

I just know I would kick myself if I left my doors unlocked and came home one day to find I had been robbed. Unfortunately I feel the need to lock my doors.
www.rstechnologies.ca
Old 11-06-2006, 06:12 PM

I am a big fen of Michael Moore. Some people don't lock their doors. I have a friend who lives in a nice neighbourhood and doesn't lock his door or his car. He even thinks I am crazy because I live in a condo and I do lock my door... It depends where you live I guess.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Hey,
I just wanted to know if Micheal Moore was for real in bowling for columbine when he said that Canadians leave their doors unlocked.. that sounds crazy, i wish more countries where like that.. congrats to Canadians for living in such a laid back society..might move there..

Nick
I think the majority of the people living in big Canadian cities lock their doors when they go out or at night. I agree that it depends on the individual, but it also depends on where you live.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:59 AM

I'm Canadian, and I lock my doors. It's better to be safe than sorry