Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > General Chat > General Chat
User Name
Password

Old 04-03-2010, 06:40 AM

Default Introduction

Hi Everyone. Im the newest kid on the block. Sandy. I am New Zealand born but living in Australia. I have worked in IT fields for over 15 years..business analyst, trainer, technical writer, project manager etc. in both NZ and Australia. I have some qualifications but not a Bachelors degree. Finance, information management, edrms, all other sorts of software both inside a software company and outside. Testing and help desk part of the career also.

I want to move to Toronto (alone)...but looking into visas etc..I need the job to get the visa, or the visa to get the job. Any secrets I havent found yet? I can 'consult' using my Australian company if anyone would be interested in me in that way better (and also if the CIC would allow such?)
Any help appreciated..hints...job sites that are specific to companies who consider foreign ladies such as myself? etc etc.

Sandy
Old 04-05-2010, 02:36 AM

Smile Nice to come here!

Hello all...
This is John Turnor!
Old 04-05-2010, 02:48 AM

Hi John

Thanks so much for your reply. Can you give me any hints how to get there myself? Specific agencies to approach, companies etc?

Also what fields are you working in?

Regards

Sandy
Old 04-09-2010, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyvg View Post
Hi Everyone. Im the newest kid on the block. Sandy. I am New Zealand born but living in Australia. I have worked in IT fields for over 15 years..business analyst, trainer, technical writer, project manager etc. in both NZ and Australia. I have some qualifications but not a Bachelors degree. Finance, information management, edrms, all other sorts of software both inside a software company and outside. Testing and help desk part of the career also.

I want to move to Toronto (alone)...but looking into visas etc..I need the job to get the visa, or the visa to get the job. Any secrets I havent found yet? I can 'consult' using my Australian company if anyone would be interested in me in that way better (and also if the CIC would allow such?)
Any help appreciated..hints...job sites that are specific to companies who consider foreign ladies such as myself? etc etc.

Sandy

Yes, I know it's a vicious circle. It's not very easy to find a job remotely... The best thing to do is to apply for independent immigrant visa. This way you will be able to legally work here...
Old 04-14-2010, 11:38 AM

Hello Justin here from Wixawin