Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Education in Canada > Discuss education in Canada
User Name
Password

Old 02-22-2006, 07:24 PM

Default Part Time Study

Is part time studying a good idea?
I would like to study 2 nights a week, however I know the course will drag on for 2 years like this.

Im not sure if studying part time is worthwhile, any opinions?
Old 02-22-2006, 08:49 PM

Well, like you said it will take a long time to get things done when putting low amounts of time into it. Better late than never though. Maybe if you spend the small amount of time you are willing to commit to now, it will grow into more at a later time when you shedule frees up more, or if you develop a passion for your studies, whatever your case may be.
Personally, being a single father, part time studies are about my only option if I want to get any more schooling done, so yes it is worthwile for me... I'll get there eventually, and when you have kids time just flies by.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:32 PM

I agree with Mike, better late than never. Have you considered getting a loan and finishing you course in shorter period?
Old 02-26-2006, 05:37 PM

Often money is not the issue with studying, it's just time.

I think part time is good idea, it is better than nothing.
The great thing is that you won't be overloaded with work and you will still have time to live normally, unlike if you were studying full time.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:02 PM

Online study is another option. I have been looking into this myself and am finding out more information.

I dont know what it costs, but I know the hours are very flexible.