Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Job Interview, Resume and Cover Letter writing, Job resources
User Name
Password

Old 07-21-2009, 09:07 PM

Exclamation Resume help needed!

Hi everyone

I having hard time finding part time job in Toronto. I want to make improvement on my resume. I hope someone can provide some feed back on my resume on where i can improve it. How to change it to meet today's demands in the market.

Result oriented individual with a proven record of accomplishment. Consistent in contributing to increased efficiency. Innovative team leader, initiates change, and upholds professionalism with high regard to workplace etiquette. Very enthusiastic and self-motivated and have excellent communication skills and bottom line orientation.

OBJECTIVE

Seeking a suitable part-time position in sales or technical support where I can effectively utilize my skills, experience and personal strengths to meet goals and objectives.

QUALIFICATIONS
• Excellent interpersonal skills, planning and communication abilities. Great people and sale skills for business
• Excellent ability to analyze and complete multiple tasks with enthusiasm, dedication, attention to detail and accuracy developed through years of work and educational experience
• Expertise in advanced hardware, software, and networks including PC/Desktop upgrades and networking.
• Strong performance records both a Technical Consultant and PC support venture Technician.
• Strong team player with excellent consulting and customer service skills.

TECHNOLOGY SKILLS
• Experienced with repair/operation of wide variety of computing machines
• Proficient with all Microsoft Platforms: 2000/XP/Vista, Office Systems (including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint®, Microsoft Access, and Outlook®)

EDUCATION
• Computer System Technology Advanced Diploma (First year) - 2009
Seneca College Applied Arts of Technology
• Ontario Secondary School Diploma - 2008
Winston Churchill Collegiate Institute
• CompTia A+ 220-601 & 220-602 Course completion

Jeneepan Balasubramaniam (647) 801-9383 -pg- 2

EMPLOYMENT

CDI Computer Dealers, Inc.
Computer Technician February 2008 – May 2009
• Perform visual checks on PC/Laptops to determine physical condition of product and verify accessories are in working order
• Test components on all systems, including CD-Rom, floppy drive, hard drive, video card, sound card and modem and ensure proper working order.
• Replace or reconfigure any damaged or malfunctioning components or hardware.
• Configure machines in order to meet specifications of clients as per sales orders.

Net Plus Computers & Training
Sales Associate March 2007 – September 2008
• Responsible for providing friendly and courteous customer service
• Offered full customer service by successfully discovering and addressing customer needs on phone
• Handled inquiries effectively by providing information and solved general customer concerns in a proficient manner
• Displaying merchandise in display windows and providing advice on merchandise.

REFERENCES
Available upon request

THE RESUME DESIGN LOOKS DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU SEE HERE ON AND ON OFFICE 2007.

Last edited by Administrator; 04-18-2011 at 01:25 PM.. Reason: personal details
Old 08-14-2009, 04:00 AM
Banned

Default resume

Here's a guidelines for your concerns:

Never write more than two pages.

* Use a format that makes the resume inviting and easy-to-read.
* Think about your accomplishments, roles you’ve played, characters you’ve become.
* Tell the truth.
* Use buzzwords and keywords.
* If possible, tailor your resume for a specific job, not just a specific industry.
* Include computer proficiency levels for almost all jobs.
* Ensure all dates link up and leave no suspicious gaps if you are using a chronological format.
* Make sure your cover letter is as good as your resume.
* Practice your audition skills

Following these tips will surely make your resume stand out from the others and will give you an upper edge. Hence, increase your chances of getting recruited with the above tips.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:43 PM

Here's some better advice, don't overly rely on your resume.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:37 AM

Hey there,

Having worked as a recruitment consultant I can tell you that there isn't really such a thing as a "good" resume. Whether it is going to be effective or not really depends on the role you are going for. Your job is to match your resume as closely as possible to what an employer has said they want (the job ad). The candidates who get interviews are those best able to do this.

You haven't mentioned anything about the type of job you're after, besides part-time. This will be important for you. Think about how you can target your resume towards this type of role. You might find this article useful

Last edited by Tsveta; 08-24-2009 at 09:32 AM.. Reason: no url allowed
Old 09-11-2009, 12:45 PM

Hi there Jeneepan,

Since you have stated in your resume that you have "Great people and sale skills for business", you may want to add a your sales record or achievements in there (if any) because in certain fields like sales, college degrees are not really the prioritized basis because a lot of corporate recruiters are leaning more towards our sales record rather than our degree in business alone.

Just a piece of advice.

Good luck and let us know how you do. Cheers!