Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Self Employment in Canada
User Name
Password
Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 08:14 PM

Default Are you self employed?

How many people on here are actually self employed?
I'm currently self employed, with a website management contract with a local business. It's working out well so far. I do the work from home and then I have a weekly meeting with the coordinator and her investor. What is your self employment like?
Old 03-06-2006, 05:44 PM

I would also like to know about this kind of thing aswell, and if it's easy and worth all the hard work at the beginning.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:26 PM

I am currently working for someone. I have the entrepreneur bug, though. I am starting to dabble in writing and e-commerce but at this point I am just learning and soaking up the knowledge. I eventually would like to become an Innkeeper. I either have to do it now while the kids are young of wait until they are done high school as I wouldn't want to uproot them when they are in high or middle school.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:53 PM

entrepreneur bug - i know that that feels like!
Its like you know what you want to do,but just need the time and money etc to start.

But now is as good a time as ever I say
Old 05-12-2006, 11:41 AM

I've been self employeed for the last several years and I'm not going back! I know I work for myself and I get better results (more income, more free time, more satisfaction), if a permanent employee works hard he/she gets tap on the shoulder .
Closed Thread