Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Finding a Job in Canada
User Name
Password
Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 06:01 AM

Default Excellent Advise...Here are some suggestions

Hello,

I couldn't agree more about your advise. Being a human resources consultant and receiving 1000's of resume either within North America or abroad, I am amazed at the poorly written resumes submitted.

Prior to any job search I would recommend getting your resume professionally written as opposed to trying to create your own by using online templates or books.

Nothing is worse then speanding hours sending of resume only to get declines due to a poor resume that doesn't sell your strengths, experience, knowledge and experience.

Once you have a strong resume it gives you the confidence when applying for jobs and it also gains the interest of potential employers. Once you receive the interview the next biggest thing is being well prepared. I have conducted many interviews where someone looks good on paper but the interview is awful. Usually a panel can decide on a candidate within 1-10 minutes in an interview process.

Looking for the job is very easy, being well prepared is the challenge. Don't sell yourself short.

I was told about a HRinmotion.com within my human resources network. They are very reputable and work with high profile companies and job seekrs in the area of job prepration services. I have recommended HRinmotion.com to various individuals and I have had nothing but positive feedback about their resume services, online course and in-person coaching.

You may want to seek help from a company like HRinmotion prior to looking for the job and before meeting with employers for an interview.

I hope I was able to provide some valuable information from an employers perspective. Please feel free to contact me if you require additional information.

I wish you all much success in your job search.

Regards,
Mark
Closed Thread