Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Finding a Job in Canada
User Name
Password

Old 05-04-2009, 10:33 AM

I think you should target the company you want to work for and keep applying to the job openings and build a relationship with an HR manager or looking to meeting someone with the same position you want and talk to them about a mentorship program.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:46 PM

Guys im in the same boat!! looking to move over as I heard they need a lot of Aerospace engineers (avionics), yet I keep seeing "locals only"! so frustrating, yet there are plenty of openings and no "locals" seem to be taking them....god knows why they make it so hard for people to get an opportunity! I`ll keep you posted if I find a good agency or site...i`d appreciate if you would do the same.

Cheers,
Paul.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:47 AM
Banned

There are some companies that do the interview through the internet,
well this sounds weird but its true, you can google the job job you want
to apply for if you want a fast search
Old 11-30-2012, 06:34 AM

I believe that you will increase your chances of landing a job if you do the following in this order:

1. Obtain Permanent Residency immigration status via the federal skilled worker programme.

- This will mean for you to go to Canada to do the landing process and then return back to the UK.
- While you are there, you should open a bank account (preferably HSBC or RBC) and apply for your social insurance number.

2. Once you return back to the UK, subscribe for magic jack with a Canadian number. You can obtain this either as a downloadable app to your phone or as a USB dongle.

3. On your CV that you will use to apply for jobs in Canada, Change your UK address to a Canadian one and change your UK contact number to the magic number that was subscribed in 2.

4. Mass distribute your CV to job positions / vacancies in your chosen province.

5. If your prospective employer wishes to meet you in person for an interview, you can kindly explain to them your situation and that you will not require sponsorship or a work permit. If they wish to see you in person, then suggest a skype interview arrangement using webcam conferencing.

This strategy is proven to be effective.