Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Finding a Job in Canada
User Name
Password

Old 10-10-2008, 01:22 AM

Default Regarding Job opportunity in canda.Help

Hi,

My name is Tarundeep singh, I am an Indian, I am currently working as a Business Analyst in a Software firm in india producing Financial softwares for Investment Banks. Earlier i was working as an Analyst with a health care company into Business Analytics(Econometrics and Statistics) possessing a total of 1 year experience. I Have done MBA-Finance, PG Diploma in Stock analysis and portfolio Mgt and PG Diploma Investment Banking from Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India. I am moving to Canada in march '09, kindly help me out as what would be my future plan of action and what are the bridge courses i need to do to top up my qualification in accordance with Canadian FInancial industry.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:39 AM

The Canadian Financial Industry like the US Financial industry is in BIG big trouble. If you watch the news you probably know of the recession that North America is currently in. I would advise you to wait for a couple of years before moving to Canada. It will be tough to find a job now.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:29 PM

Thanks duncan, i really appreciate ur response and suggestion. Will consider it for sure.

Yes I have been tracking the world markets throughout.

The only reason i am concerned is that we applied for Immigration and we have already got a call. Though our immigration lawyer is saying that it would take somewhere around late march or april before we are to leave, so we would have atleast feb or march 2010 to move in, otherwise our application wil stand cancel if we dint moved in....

I am sure the market would recover by th same time next year and the stats from World economic forum says that Canadian Financial system is ranked 1st for resistance from the American Financial Crisis. Is it that the market is not generating jobs there.

Now can u guide me a little more on my current situation???

Regards,
Tarundeep Singh
Old 10-12-2008, 10:57 AM

It is true that the Canadian Banks are ranked to be most reliable. But still the economy is not in good shape. I hope that till 2010 everything will straighten out and you will be able to quickly settle and blend in the Canadian society. Where do you think of landing?
Old 11-04-2008, 03:26 AM

Default right

I agree to you..may be by the end of next year, we would be in a position to move to canada,,,,rest i believe we can either go for calgary, toronto,ontorio...basically me and my dad both are Finance Professionals,,he is a senior manager in Bank and has been a Forex dealer for more than 13 years...so bascially someplace where we have more of finance jobs...

can u suggest me with some professional course,,may be CPA or some otehr Accounting accredition that would be helpful..what if i come now and start studying and my family can move later on????any insight on what it would cost for doing CPA or CGA(course + cost of living),....approx figure will be fine enough.

regards,
Tarundeep Singh