Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Job Offers & Requests > Job Requests
User Name
Password

Old 07-10-2009, 01:55 PM

Default job for M.S. in mathematics

Hi!
Recently, I have taken my master degree in mathematics.
Now, I have no idea what kind of job can I find. Please, advise me something!

About my education, I have GPA 4.0 (best possible); also I have several publications in peer-reviewed mathematical journals. Of course, I have an opportunity to continue math research by attending Ph.D. program, but now I don't want to. At least, I want to make a break for year or two in my academic career. So, I need to find a job. But I have no experience in any area except pure mathematics, and this is the problem. For example, I sent my resume to several software developers positions (I had a little programming experience during my math reserch), but they don't want to speak with me because I have no programming experience in commercial projects.

Any ideas? Does there need somewhere a scientific mind without direct experience but with ability to learn and develop skills of almost any kind?
Old 07-11-2009, 08:03 AM
Banned

Default Re: job for M.S. in mathematics

Hi There !!

If you are interested in teaching, you can try for the lecturers post in colleges, it will help you to improve your knowledge very much.

Hope it helps