Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Immigration to Canada > Immigration to Canada - Questions & Resources
User Name
Password

Old 11-06-2006, 06:24 AM

Thumbs up

we have a an exsisting application in canada and as of now we receive a letter from canadian embassy to update our application including the IELTS application.what if i do not take the IELTS exam?is it possible that they still consider our application?by the way our we apply for immigrant.

Old 11-06-2006, 08:57 AM

Hi,

You have to take the IELTS exam. It is a part of the application process. I guess your application won't be considered if you don't go to do the test.

It is just a test...It's not a big deal

Last edited by Tsveta; 11-07-2006 at 11:37 AM..
Old 12-03-2006, 09:13 AM

Default New IELTS site!!

Hello everyone,

I am an EFL teacher and materials writer living in Spain and I have recently set up a website to help students who are preparing to take the Academic IELTS exam. As IELTS is often a pre-requisite for people wishing to emmigrate to Canada for study or work purposes I thought it would be a useful resource to viewers of this site.

Successatielts is designed as an independent learning resource to help candidates improve their writing skills in preparation for the Ielts Academic exam.

Each training module has sample exam questions, a series of related language exercises and a practice test with model texts and a full answer key to provide instant feedback.

I invite you to take a look at www.successatielts.com

If you think it could be useful to anyone you know who is preparing to take the IELTS exam, please recommend it to them.

In exchange, I would be happy to give advice and information to anyone considering the possibility of working or studying in an English-speaking country.

Best wishes,

Jenny Bedwell

Last edited by Tsveta; 12-04-2006 at 08:35 AM.. Reason: No self promotion allowed. Please include links in signature.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:56 PM

I'm curious:

How difficult is the IELTS?

Will someone with "high-school English" from a foreign country pass?

Is it enough to be an everyday business English speaker?

Is it enough to be a "heavy reader" in english?

Can someone with heavily accented speech pass?
Old 12-12-2006, 09:19 AM

I had to pass IELTS test, this was part of the immigration process.
It is a difficult exam and I had to take some private lessons because I wasn’t too sure I will score a good grade. I use English every day at work but still there is a lot of grammar involved in the test. You have to write and essay as well.
In my country the IELTS test is done at the British Consulate and if someone feels unprepared can take a course.