Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Job Interview, Resume and Cover Letter writing, Job resources
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2010, 04:25 AM

Red face //Good cop - bad cop interview//

Hi everybody,

I’m new to this forum and I have some answered doubts if I gave a good interview or not, subsequently, recently I had an interview with an aviation company and the person that invited me was a really nice man, all went OK till he called a woman to assist him, now once she entered and shook my hand she took a chair and started firing questions to try her best to screw me, honestly stupid questions, as example (related to this) if you sold clothes in a store do you know how many pallets enters in a big truck or a minibus and she said that this is how she knows if you have technical knowledge!!! I mean what???!!!
She began to take each word of the CV and analyze it and shoot heavy questions targeting internal stuff from other companies where I’ve worked, and extremely rude, I was bouncing with answers and as I know many languages she was changing continuously to try to catch me lying or something.
The other man he was looking helpless and try to calm the situation, nonetheless, she was extremely abusive, rude and I was wondering, was it all just a theatre, I mean good cop, bad cop so they can find out from me the internal stuff from the other companies in which I worked or was it just jealousy (as my CV is a with a lot of certificates and experience abroad) or racism or a plan to seek info….?
After she left the man that invited me said that I should not mind her and was asking me about my salary expectation and other details!!!, I’m confused, I mean does anybody understand what happened?
I was thinking, did I proceed good in staying and defending myself or should I have had to leave once she started her act?
I mean if they will call me I will not go even for 1.000.000 dollars if they offer! Would you go? So again the questions is if you see such interview that somebody jumps on your back from one side and the other side is on your side should you leave?

Thanks in advance for your answer