View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 03:14 PM

Good list and I agree with most.

The unwillingness to relocate is an issue if it is required for the job obviously, but I don't think be should be just asked to relocate whenever the company decides it is best. Relocation is a major decision and one that is very difficult for many to do for many reasons. Regardless, if a company wants someone to relocate, the company should be willing to put up some, if not all (depending on the situation) of the cost. And that cost can be quite substantial if you own a home and have to sell.

Being unwilling to start at the bottom is also a good reason why you may not get hired. But again, it depends. If you have 10 years experience, are you expected to start at the bottom just because you are going to a new company? Yes, you need to prove yourself at the new place, but I don't think the bottom is a fair place to do it. I was recently told, that I could probably work for a company if I were willing to start at the bottom. I have over 8 years experience. Why do I want to start over at the bottom? I have put in my time at the bottom. I don't necessarily expect to be made director or anything, but I do expect some respect.

Otherwise, all good comments on the list and all very valid reasons for not getting employed.