View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 01:22 PM

Default Employment Agencies

I am with 2 well known agencies. I registered with 1 in December of 2007. I worked for them until April 2008, when I was told that my 2-week contract was over - 4 months later. I just recently found out why. Another agency let it slip to me that after 640 hours the company must take your contract over and the company must pay the agency a finder's fee. I just found a job ad in Canada's job bank for a position through the same agency for a job that I am very qualified for. Why was this job posted? Why didn't the agency call me, after all I am registered with them???
The other agency - I have been working part time through them, told me of an opportunity to start this Monday. I called them yesterday (Wednesday) to inquire as to what is going on with it. She did not know. I feel that if they call me on Friday to start Monday they are sadly mistaken. I am not that desperate. That is my rule: Not to interview one day and start the next. How do you people feel about this? Comments are welcome.