View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 09:55 PM

I have my Errors & Ommissions and CGL (Commercial General Liability) with Enron through Aon Reed Stenhouse (broker) out of Ottawa. I am a Certified Engineering Technologist through OACETT (Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists) and one of the benefits is access to this liability insurance through a group plan set up for OACETT. Since it is a group plan it is reasonably priced (relatively speaking). I pay about $3500 per year for 2 million CGL and 2 million E&O. The next closest quote I had was for $7500 per year for a 1 million dollar policy. I had similar problems getting turned down because I worked for myself. Funniest thing is Enron turned me down as an individual but had no problem insuring me through a group plan.

By the way, the $4500 I pay for my other benefits was the best price and best benefits out of 4 different quotes I got. I also got quotes from the local Chamber of Commerce Group plan, an OACETT group plan, and an individual policy I looked at. The best value and best benefits I got were through my Financial Advisor; I guess that's why its good to go through a broker.
www.rstechnologies.ca