View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 12:42 PM

What kind of work are you looking for? If you're in IT or a technical job, your skills may be dated unless you can prove you're current. I also assume you had a solid work history up to the accident.

Try an employment agency or recruiter (disclosure: I work for an employment agency, based in Calgary and Toronto). Agencies frequently work with people entering or reentering the workforce. We look at skills and personality more than continuous job history and make placements based on fit. A recruiter's job is to "sell" you to a client and take care of any objections to gaps in work history, etc.

I know some agencies have a bad reputation, but there are good ones out there - like Officejobs.com - go with your gut when you meet the recruiter. I've been placed by agencies in the past, and the experience has been very positive.

A concern that employers may have is your current health - be very clear to a recruiter if there's anything that would impact your performance (daily headaches, etc.).

Last edited by Tsveta; 03-13-2008 at 03:20 PM.. Reason: No links allowed, this is your last warning