View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 06:38 AM

Default Studying & working in Canada

Hi All,

I'm an Indian national currently residing in the Middle East. I've completed my Bachelors in Business Administration (BBA - Indian curriculum) and have 2 years work experience in events management particularly in marketing.

I plan to major in marketing for my MBA and preferably settle down in Canada. While researching universities, the likes of McGill, York, Queen's, Wilfrid Laurier & University of Toronto have always come on top.

Are there any more universities that rank highly both in terms of education & placement opportunities? I know the job situation is definitely hard to peg so just looking for some insight on how the overall job market is for marketing professionals in Canada. Is there much of a demand? Will my 2 years experience in the Middle East count or is only Canadian experience sought after? I know I should be focusing on my MBA right now but once I'm done with it in 2 years would ideally want to work & settle in Canada and would just like to know where I stand and what my chances are. I'm also exploring UK as an option.

I get that both countries, just like others are pretty tough to comment on as many factors come into play when talking about work & settling down so just looking for some insight.

Thanks,
Natasha