View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 10:28 AM

Default E.i and wrongful dismissal. I am worried!

I am unionized worker who got terminated from my work. I went to my union and at the end we ended up settlement with the employer. However, the settlement was I would get x amount and good reference but I won't go to human right commission to complaint. When I was filling out my EI online it said why you think you think you were wrongful dismissal. At that moment I told the truth and I thought it was human right issue. What I am worried about is about will the employer know about the fact I mentioned human right issue and will they take there offer away from me. There offer is pending on giving me damages and reference and I don't go to human rights basically.

I didn't know what to write I told the truth why I went to union to complain. They told me to put the union name and number. How would the E.I officer go at this? What would they ask employer and union you think?

Can you correct a response? or should I? its passed four weeks since my dismissal now and if call in and correct will it delay my case?

Thanks.