View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 08:12 PM

Default Messed up before interview. Am I hopeless?

I recently received an opportunity to work at Best Buy. First off it was completely unexpected. I applied last night, today I messaged my friend who works there to put in a good word. Five minutes later I receive a call to schedule an interview. I was stunned and excited. So stunned, I completely forgot to write down the details. Anyways I remember it was on Monday at either 2 or 2 30 pm. Now I was getting so anxious and nervous that I didnt know what time it was, that I called the store and spoke to the hiring manager. I say "Hi my name is bla bla, I am calling to confirm the details for tomorrow's interview". Clearly, tomorrow is not monday, so I messed up because I was nervous.

Will the fact that I called back 3 hours after scheduling an interview, AND got the date wrong ruin my chance of getting the job? She giggled as I made the mistake and I quickly explained that it was a mix up. And she did clarify the details of the time and place of the interview, so it is still on for monday.

Last edited by jjuice; 08-21-2009 at 08:16 PM..