View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 12:47 AM

Default Business License needed or Not?

I have searched high and low all over the internet and cannot find a definitive answer to my question. It is my hopes that some of you more knowledgeable individuals will have an idea. Here is my situation.

I am an affiliate marketer and promote products and services of others for commissions(such as clickbank, cj.com, etc...). I work out of my home and as an affiliate marketer I do not have nor store any product or have business traffic in my home. All my activities are done online. Do I need a business license as an affiliate marketer?

I started marketing a couple years back and have just been claiming all my income under my own name. I just recently went to the bank and the loan officer is unsure if I need a license or not. I always thought it was not necessary for this type of business. Anyone have any experience with this or any insight into some online resources I could examine which would address my question? It would be greatly Appreciated!

It would probably be a good idea to let you know that I am located in Alberta, Canada.